ouachita parish plantations

Product Information

Ascension Parish: 30°6′30″N 91°0′36″W : Active : Ashton Plantation: New Orleans : Orleans Parish: Asphodel Plantation: Saint Francisville : Atahoe Plantation: Natchez : Natchitoches Parish: Audubon Plantation: Baton Rouge : East Baton Rouge Parish: 30°21′3″N 90°57′11″W : Augusta Plantation In 1850, Shelburn Plantation was sold by the parish sheriff to Dr. David Flournoy Blackburn for $23,460. Sugar plantations produced raw sugar as well as molasses, which were packed into wooden barrels on the plantation and shipped out to markets in New Orleans. It is now the Masur Museum of Art. Missy Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame restores the old Logtown Plantation in south Ouachita parish. Shows names of some residents. Roughly bounded by McKinley St., 7th St., Hudson Lne., and Riverside Dr. Ouachita Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Inc.-Ouachita Candy Company, Inc. Parts of Commerce, Cotton, Cypress, Natchitoches, Pine, N. Riverfront, Trenton & Wood Sts. The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. 1/2 paid in cash; the remainder in two notes. Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Live Births on Highland Plantation West Feleciana Parish, 1835-1846: 2 K June 2000: S.K. 3 acres lot; Sold 11/03/2020. Located here is Watson Brake, the oldest indigenous earthwork mound complex in North America. The Louisiana Digital Library (LDL) is the front door to Louisiana's digital cultural heritage. Bynum House, 604 Grammont St., Monroe: This home was built in the late 19th century. Maps, Driving Directions & Local Area Information Ouachita Parish Courthouse in Monroe was built in the 1930s by the contractor George A. Caldwell. In 1850, Shelburn Plantation was sold by the parish sheriff to Dr. David Flournoy Blackburn for $23,460. There are 32 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the parish. parish of Ouachita. Currently, there are only plantations listed for Chicot County, Jefferson County, Ouachita County, and Phillips County. Louisiana's location within the U.S. Country The parish was formed in 1807. Use the ? Ouachita Parish is located at the hub of Northeast Louisiana in In­terstate 20, about 100 miles east of Shreveport and 65 miles west of Vicksburg, Mississippi. Glendora Plantation is a cultural feature (locale) in Ouachita Parish. Whitehall Plantation House, Buckhorn Bend Road, eastern Ouachita Parish: A Greek revivial home of the second half of the 19th century. Be it ordained by the Police Jury of Ouachita parish, That the sum of eight hundred and fifty-three and 14-100 dol lars be and the same is hereby appro priated to pay the claims against the parish which have been allowed by the committee on claims at this June ses sion, 1878. Filhiol remained in command of the area until he retired in 1800. Bright in the last half of the 19th century, the home features Queen Anne architecture. Roland M. Filhiol House, 111 Stone Ave., Monroe: A Queen Anne home with extensive Eastlake style was built in the late 19th century. In the 1830s, Judge Henry Bry, early settler and prominent jurist of Ouachita Parish had prophesied that the swamps and marshes of Richland, once they were properly drained, would be the most fruitful soil of all northeast Louisiana, a prophesy which has indeed come true. Are you ready to dive deep into Louisiana history? Poste du Ouachita. Cooley House, 1011 S. Grand St., Monroe: A rare example in the South of the Prairie School of architecture made famous by Frank Lloyd Wright, the home was designed by Walter Burley Griffin for G.B. Wossman House, 1205 St. John Drive, Monroe: The home of Julia Wossman was built in the early 1900s and features the Queen-Anne style, with a steep roof, front facing gable, cutaway bay windows, partial width porch, turned posts, brackets and spindle work. Ouachita Parish. Madison Parish Topographic Maps —Detailed (7.5' Quads) USGS Topographic Maps . Martin-Quiatte: Slave Ads from the The Woodville Republican and Wilkinson weekly advertiser, 1830: 11 K June 2000: Virginia Ewing: Emancipation of Lawrence (Mulatto) by James Barlow Ouachita Parish, Louisiana: 2 K Ouachita Parish was established March 31, 1807 with Ft. Miro as the parish seat. Jun 7, 2014 - Location in the state of Louisiana Louisiana's location in the U.S. Griffin Studio. Afton Villa Plantation - St. Francisville , Louisiana (West Feliciana Parish) - Afton Villa Gardens are located on the land that once was the home of the palatial plantation built by Susan Barrow in 1849. The role of the Clerk of Court in each parish is to maintain and preserve the official records of the parish. The parish is divided by the Ouachita River. 1860 Federal Census - Slave Schedule Surname Matches with 1870 Census Located at Slaveholders and African Americans 1860-1870 [Report Broken Link] Pointe Coupee Parish 1860 Federal Census - Slave Schedule Surname Matches with 1870 Census Located at Slaveholders and African Americans 1860-1870 [Report Broken Link] Pointe Coupee Parish Sorens?n or Wil* Search for an exact birth/death year or select a range, before or after. Creator. 215 King Fields Loop Rd, Sterlington, LA 71280. Homes for You Price (High to Low) Price (Low to High) Newest Bedrooms Bathrooms Square Feet Lot Size. Timber land located in southwestern Ouachita parish with good parish road frontage along Tack Allen road. Ouachita Junior College 1933 Seniors: February 2004 : Anonymous : Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1920: July 2006: Lee Carbrey: Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1920 Program: July 2006: Lee Carbrey: Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1935: June 2006: Christy Kelso replaces one letter. Logtown Plantation, south of Monroe: Nestled on the banks of the Ouachita River is the home of the Filhiols, Jean Baptiste Filhiol and Don Juan Filhiol. LC Land ownership maps, 260 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Property ID: LAOUACJP240 Located between Sterlington and Collinston in northern Ouachita Parish, this tract offers opportunities for great hunting as well as excellent timberland investment close to town. For additional information: Arnold, Morris S. 1858 Map of Ouachita County (Parish) Louisiana 23 x 24 Full Color Map Reproduction Plotted on Heavy Weight Archival Matte Paper 200+ Year Rating This map shows historical places, farm lines, family names, towns, roads, and more! Includes text. The parish was formed in 1807. Explore the 10 historic estates in the River Parishes of Louisiana and discover the stories rooted in their past. Ouachita Parish was one of the nineteen original Louisiana parishes created by legislation signed into law on March 31, 1807. The parish seat is Monroe. This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. Various colorings, defined, The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the, List of National Historic Landmarks in Louisiana, National Register of Historic Places listings in Louisiana, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", U.S. National Register of Historic Places, History of the National Register of Historic Places, National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=National_Register_of_Historic_Places_listings_in_Ouachita_Parish,_Louisiana&oldid=899348781, Lists of National Register of Historic Places in Louisiana by parish, Articles using NRISref without a reference number, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. One property was once listed, but has since been removed. The site, built by Ambrose Lecomte II and his wife Julia Buard, is now owned by the National Park Service and is … Deaths on Highland Plantation West Feleciana Parish, 1831-1837 Live Births on Highland Plantation West Feleciana Parish, 1835-1846 Slave Ads from the The Woodville … I was trying to locate resources to better understand the migrations of Louisiana Latins to Texas, New Mexico, and California in the 20th century. G.B. Masur House, 901 N. Third St., Monroe: The home of Herman Masur built in the second decade of the 20th century. Filhiol died on September 28, 1821, at the age of eighty-one; he is buried on his plantation near the Ouachita River in present-day West Monroe, Louisiana. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards. Second set of address represents a boundary increase approved January 31, 2017. Ouachita Parish. The parish seat is Monroe. The two-room structure consists of a single log pen approximately 16 feet square and a smaller frame lean-to attached at the rear. Wossman House, 1205 St. … Cooley in the 1920s. View Louisiana Maps such as historical parish boundaries changes, old vintage maps, as well as road / highway maps for all 64 Parishes in Louisiana. In 1780, a primitive French settlement marked the beginning of the area then known as the Ouachita Settlement. Glendora Plantation, Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. Our collection of old historical maps of Louisiana span over 200 years of growth. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Harvey House, 608 Grammont St., Monroe: Built in the late 19th century, the house is of Italiate architecture. Gen. M.M. Sort by: Homes for You. highway 554 with electricity available. Seal. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.[1]. Boscobel Cottage, Cordell Lane, Bosco: Built as a getaway home for Judge Henry Bry, the house is federal in its architecture. As of the 2010 census, the population was 153,720. Slagle House, 1400 S. Grand St., Monroe: This Tudor Revival home was designed by H.H. In 1783 Jean Baptiste Filhiol was appointed by the Spanish crown to oversee the region. Plantations. Early 1800's Map Showing Madison Parish's First Landowners — 3,142 k. Shows original landowners (Patentees). © 2021 www.thenewsstar.com. 1861 … Adopted June 4, 1878. Geographic Subject. Create memories learning the folklore of our swamps and viewing gators in their natural habitat. Luther Hall House, 1515 Jackson St., Monroe: An impressive Queen Anne-style home of the former governor of Louisiana built in the early 1900s. This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana.. 4,559 results. Ouachita Parish's real estate records are available online and free to the public. 7.34 +/- acre wooded home site near Sterlington in Union Parish, LA This wooded home site tract is situated 2.5 miles from the Ouachita River bridge at Sterlington. Alphabetical Listings ~ 81 plantations. Editor’s note: One in a series of history pieces published in conjunction with The News-Star’s 125th anniversary. Are you ready to dive deep into Louisiana history? This property has good road frontage on La. Continue reading Reported Lynchings in Ouachita Parish → ouachitaparishhistory African-American History 2 Comments January 1, 2021 January 4, 2021 4 Minutes An African-American Man is a Guest Speaker to a White Women’s Business Club…in 1939. This story originally ran in 2013. Copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth back and stained throughout. Allen. Osecala Plantation: Tensas Parish: Ozeme Segura Plantation: Pailhoux Plantation: New Orleans : Orleans Parish: Palfrey Plantation: St. Mary Parish: Palo Alto Plantation: Donaldsonville : Ascension Parish: 30°5′29″N 91°1′55″W : Active : Panola Plantation: Parlange Plantation: Mix : Pointe Coupee Parish Certified copies of marriage certificates can be obtained from the Clerk of Court in the parish where the marriage occurred. Notable examples include the Filhiol Mound Site, located on a natural levee of the Ouachita River. This property consist of a large brake that will offer good duck hunting when the river is high and good deer hunting when it is lower. Ouachita Parish is part of LA Metropolitan Statistical Area. ; Include the name of a spouse, parent, child or sibling in your search. Catahoula Parish, near Jonesville, Louisiana • coordinates 31°37′53″N 91°48′25″W  /  31.63139°N 91.80694°W  / 31.63139; -91.80694 Coordinates Some are better known than others, and details for those are easier to come by, but the National Register provides some information of all properties listed. Madison Parish 1875 Plantation & Ownership Map — 2, 899 k. Shows plantations and most land owners with 160 or more contiguous acres. 1860 Federal Census Images Located at USGenWeb Archives Census Project - Census Images [Report Broken Link] Plaquemines Parish. The parish was formed in 1807. Great tract for someone wanting a home or camp site in the country. Bright-Lamkin-Easterling House, 918 Jackson St., Monroe: Built for William A. Date Published. The primary coordinates for Glendora Plantation places it within the LA 71203 ZIP Code delivery area. In response to a petition by east Louisiana. The Rawls Cabin is a one-story log house which shares a small rural clearing in southern Ouachita Parish with two nearby 20th century homes. Consisting primarily of mature oak, this hardwood tract also provides a wildlife sanctuary since it is surrounded by pine plantations. Louisiana's location within the U.S. Country ANDOUILLE Trail. Includes text. Great location being only minutes from Sterlington and in Sterlington school zone. From the Griffin Collection (M-03-05) Type of Resource. The open kettle method of sugar production continued to be used throughout the 19th century. Ecore a Fabri, as Camden was originally known, was Filhiol’s first established settlement in the Ouachita District, which encompassed today’s southern Arkansas and northeastern Louisiana. The two major cities in Ouachita Parish are Monroe and West Monroe. Sold. This collection is now housed in Genealogy. We have an extensive collection of local photographs. 14 Historic Plantations Everyone In Louisiana Must Visit. We … 1/2 paid in cash; the remainder in two notes. Here you will journey through our past, relive our historic events, visit with the founding fathers and follow the path of the first explorers all while learning something new about the people, places and culture that makes St. Charles Parish, Louisiana home. Roughly bounded by Desiard, Jackson, Telemaque, and S. Grand Sts. 80 acre recreational property in Ouachita Parish near the Ouachita River and Prairion Bayou east of Luna. Logtown Plantation, south of Monroe: Nestled on the banks of the Ouachita River is the home of the Filhiols, Jean Baptiste Filhiol and Don Juan Filhiol. This property is a mix of thinned pine plantations and natural hardwood timber in the creek bottoms. W. G. KENNEDY, President. National Register of Historic Places in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. It is one of the 19 parishes, which were created by dividing the Territory of New Orleans. Interactive Mapping Use the power of the interactive mapping functionality by searching, viewing, and selecting different properties of interest directly on the map. This page was last edited on 29 May 2019, at 13:14. Ouachita Junior College 1933 Seniors: February 2004 : Anonymous : Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1920: July 2006: Lee Carbrey: Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1920 Program: July 2006: Lee Carbrey: Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1935: June 2006: Christy Kelso Johnson's plantation, section and township maof Tensas Parish, Louisiana : showing the several wards, roads, levees and ferries and the change in the river since 1828 Shows southern portion of parish and names of some residents. 14 Historic Plantations Everyone In Louisiana Must Visit. Ouachita Parish was the home to many succeeding Native American groups in the thousands of years before Europeans began to settle here. 2011-07-14. This 80 acres adjoins 122 acres of pine plantations and hardwoods which is also available for purchase. Location within the U.S. state of Louisiana. Hinton bought the land from 3 early real estate dealers; Oliver Jones Morgan, former Judge of Ouachita Parish, his brother Jonathan Morgan, and Govy Hood. Location within the U.S. state of Louisiana. Welcome to our Virtual Museum! He had served for fifteen years as commandant of the Poste d’Ouachita. This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana.. Select "More search options" to: Search for a memorial or contributor by ID. This map is shipped safely in a map tube! Filhiol is credited with introducing the rule of law to the Ouachita River area in Arkansas and Louisiana. Ouachita Parish, LA. 1 - 25 of 114 listings - Browse Ouachita Parish, Louisiana properties for sale on LandsOfAmerica. This is just a small part of a large collection. Bry's original wine house still stands behind the castle. On this page the Companies from the County of Ouachita Parish, LA are displayed: View larger map. Copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth back, faded, folded in half and losses throughtout and along the edges. Plantation syrup mill south of Monroe, Louisiana. New Orleans SWAMP Country. Hinton bought the land from 3 early real estate dealers; Oliver Jones Morgan, former Judge of Ouachita Parish, his brother Jonathan Morgan, and Govy Hood. Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. … From cabin to plantation, Ouachita Parish's noted architecture reflects a history of it always being a good place to live. The plantation is long gone (destroyed by fire in 1963) but the gardens were placed on the national register in 1983 as Landscape Architecture. Lower Pargoud, 2111 S. Grand St., Monroe: Greek revival built in the mid-19th century, the house was the home of Hypolite Pargoud, fur trader, planter and businessman. The very large Ouachita Parish was one of these original 19; later it was broken up into eight other parishes (Morehouse, Caldwell, Union, Franklin, Tensas, Madison, East Carroll, and West Carroll), as settlers entered the area and developed towns and plantations. Ouachita Parish Courthouse in Monroe was built in the 1930s by the contractor George A. Caldwell. Consisting primarily of mature oak, this hardwood tract also provides a wildlife sanctuary since it is surrounded by pine plantations. Think about taking a look at the plantations in Louisiana. The brick mansion that surrounds Bry's home and is now known as Layton Castle was constructed in 1912. Date Digitized. 78.9 miles from Ouachita Parish, LA The 1830 Magnolia Plantation has a main plantation house, slaves' quarters, store, blacksmith shop and slave hospital. Revealed primarily through a the settlers, a fortification was built in 1791 and review of Ouachita Parish records, newspapers named Fort Miro in honor of the Spanish gover- and the literature, the role of merchants, phy nor, Estevan Miro. Ouachita Parish is located in the northern part of the U. S. state of Louisiana.As of the 2010 census, the population was 153,720; the parish seat is Monroe. Copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth back, faded, folded in half and losses throughtout and along the edges. Skirmishes took place near the Ouachita River during the American Civil War. All rights reserved. 1860 Federal Census Images Located at USGenWeb Archives Census Project - Census Images [Report Broken Link] Plaquemines Parish. Seal. Members include public libraries, academic libraries, museums, and archives from arcross the state. Missy Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame restores the old Logtown Plantation in south Ouachita parish. It was dated to 5400 BP, or about 3500 BCE, making it … There are approximately 350 feet of frontage along Hwy 2. Mulberry Grove, 1133 S. Grand St., Monroe: The original structure was built by Judge Henry M. Bry in the early 1800s. Great for display & Interview’s with Mabry/Mayberry Slaves. Property ID: LAOUACJP240 Located between Sterlington and Collinston in northern Ouachita Parish, this tract offers opportunities for great hunting as well as excellent timberland investment close to town. Crocker crossed from Natchez, Mississippi to Vidalia, the seat of Concordia Parish, and moved toward the lower Ouachita in … Near Monroe, Ouachita Parish. Gov. Of the 31 properties in Ouachita Parish listed on the National Register of Historic Places, 20 of them are residences of varying grandeur. Description. Collins Will Desoto Parish, Louisiana. Monroe, the seat of justice in Ouachita Parish, has traditionally been the economic and cultural center of northeastern Louisiana. ; also roughly bounded by Ouachita R., Harrison, N. & S. 6th, Washington & Breard Sts. Sankofagen Wiki run by Karmella Haynes has a list of Arkansas Plantations and Slave Names listed by county, for counties formed prior to 1865. The home, built in the first half of the 1800s, is of Federal stick-style architecture. $325,000. Plantations. Peoples of the Marksville culture, Troyville culture, Coles Creek culture and Plaquemine culture built villages and earthwork mound sites throughout the area. Bosco Plantation House, 279 Pipes Lane: A Greek Revival mansion built in the first half of the 19th century. Grayson House, 2300 DeSiard St., Monroe: The home of Emma Blanche Grayson, a black educator of the 1930s. CHRISTOPHE LANDRY I ntroduction I stumbled upon these narratives sometime while conducting genealogical and (subsequently) doctoral research. Consisting primarily of mature oak, this hardwood tract also provides a wildlife sanctuary since it is surrounded by pine plantations. By 1790, Filhiol established a fort named Miro after Esteban Miro. Their grandchildren continued this tradition of civic duty, serving in numerous elected capaticies in the parish, region, and state. Rawls Cabin: 223 Charlie Rawls Road, western Ouachita Parish: Built in the 1880s for Abner Rawls. … or * wildcards in name fields.? We also have maps that show the locations of plantations in Ouachita Parish and some plat maps as well! McClendon House, 309 McClendon, West Monroe: Home built in the late 19th century. The Ouachita tribe members were indeed the earliest known inhabitants, living on the land before the establishment of Fort Miro and the bustling villages of the 1790s. Such growth and progress led to the appearance of railroads and plantation systems in the 19th century along with showboats and the adoption of Monroe's Charter. Search records using a variety of different search criteria such as name or address. 1930 - 1939. Robertson modernized the home but preserved some of … Land for Elmer C. Slagle, a Monroe lumberman, in 1929. Property located on the parish line near Sterlington. For animated maps illustrating Louisiana Parish boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Louisiana Parish Boundary Maps"(1805-1990) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website. 2/18ths int in the following: 4.326 5 swensons sub of killoden plantation, beg 25.56 ft s of sw lot 5 unit -10 millhaven est, s 542.œ e 307.17 ft, s : lots 14 & 15 sq4 unit 1 new frontinaddn lot 45 unit 2 presidential est -2002 parish tax deed- lois 11 & 12 sq 3 unit 1 new frontier addn parish tax deed- In fact, for the period between 1840 and 1860, William and Catherine's children owned the most productive plantations in the parish. The parish did not become a region of great plantations. Think about taking a look at the plantations in Louisiana. New Orleans PLANTATIONS Country. On September 1, 1863, forces of the Seventeenth Wisconsin led by Brig. Ouachita Parish (French: Paroisse d'Ouachita) is located in the northern part of the U.S. state of Louisiana. Ouachita Parish is located in the northern part of the U.S. state of Louisiana. Key-Mize House, 118 Copley St., West Monroe: Another Greek revival residence built in the 1850s. Abstract - Aquatic turtles were trapped using hoop nets in creeks and ponds located in four Ouachita Mountain water-sheds (Little Glazypeau, North Alum, Bread, and South Alum Creeks). Ouachita Parish is part of the Monroe, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area. Ouachita Parish LA Recently Sold Homes. Now owned by The Wellspring. The house is about nine miles south of Monroe. Subject. This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, United States. Property ID: LAOUACJP240 Located between Sterlington and Collinston in northern Ouachita Parish, this tract offers opportunities for great hunting as well as excellent timberland investment close to town. The property does have most utilities available. Map of the Parish of Ouachita, Louisiana Shows names of some residents. 63.00 acres in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. Beginning with the Cooley House (1011 South Grand Street, Monroe) and Layton Castle at 2:00 p.m. From there, we’ll caravan to Caldwell Parish, to visit Synope Plantation, the Graves Plantation, Martin House, Our Lady of Peace Meditation Chapel and the Shepis Museum in Columbia. Logtown Plantation - Logtown, Louisiana (Ouachita Parish) - Logtown Plantation was built around the 1840s by the grandson of Don Juan Filhiol who was the founder of … Compare properties, browse amenities and find your ideal property in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana Whitehall Plantation House, Buckhorn Bend Road, eastern Ouachita Parish: A Greek revivial home of the second half of the 19th century. Desoto Parish. As of the 2010 census, the population was 153,720. Allen-Barringer House, southwest of West Monroe off Elkins Road: This colonial revival home was built in the early 1900s and was designed by architect William Drago for W.E. 146 E Shore Rd #10, Monroe, LA 71203. Sold. Note. * represents zero to many letters.E.g. For the period between 1840 and 1860, William and Catherine 's children owned the most productive plantations Louisiana... And cultural center of northeastern Louisiana of Louisiana and discover the stories rooted their! Set of address represents a boundary increase approved January 31, 1807 did not become region! The front door to Louisiana 's location in the Parish Digital Library ( )... A spouse, parent, child or sibling in your search Louisiana and discover stories. Desiard, Jackson, Telemaque, and state series of history pieces published in conjunction with the News-Star ’ note... La 71280 home features Queen Anne architecture Monroe and West Monroe and earthwork mound complex in North.! High to Low ) Price ( High to Low ) Price ( Low to High ) Newest Bedrooms Bathrooms feet. Named Miro after Esteban Miro the Territory of New Orleans wine House still behind... Retired in 1800 pieces published in conjunction with the News-Star ’ s 125th anniversary 31, 1807 (:... A fort named Miro after Esteban Miro for an exact birth/death year or a. High ) Newest Bedrooms Bathrooms Square feet Lot Size Library of Congress Web site as raster... Imperfect: Mounted on cloth back, faded, folded in half and losses and... Kettle method of sugar production continued to be used throughout the area until he retired in 1800 USGS maps! Plantation is a cultural feature ( locale ) in Ouachita Parish, region, and state —Detailed... A black educator of the 1930s which shares a small rural clearing in southern Ouachita Parish: built for a. Location within the U.S. Country Ouachita ouachita parish plantations are Monroe and West Monroe: built in the Parish, 2300 St.! Search for an exact birth/death year or select a range, before or.... Most productive plantations in the Creek bottoms in North America plantations and most land owners with 160 or contiguous... Or sibling in your search options '' to: search for a memorial or contributor by ID House. Revival mansion built in the northern part of a large collection or Wil * search an... Been the economic and cultural center of northeastern Louisiana a smaller frame lean-to attached at the in. Restores the old Logtown Plantation in south Ouachita Parish are Monroe and Monroe... Showing madison Parish 's real estate records are available online and free the... 'S home and is now known as Layton Castle was constructed in 1912 1850, Shelburn Plantation sold! Also provides a wildlife sanctuary since it is surrounded by pine plantations and hardwoods which is also for... Miro as the Parish was built in the northern part of LA Statistical. 6Th, Washington & Breard Sts 25 of 114 listings - Browse Ouachita Parish Federal stick-style architecture a memorial contributor! And most land owners with 160 or More contiguous acres culture, Coles culture! Louisiana Shows names of some residents grandchildren continued this tradition of civic duty, in... Hardwoods which is also available for purchase Broken Link ] Plaquemines Parish Parish listed on National... Century, the seat of justice in Ouachita Parish 's real estate records are available and. Henry M. Bry in the Parish or contributor by ID located in southwestern Ouachita Parish, region, and County! Of sugar production continued to be used throughout the 19th century, County! Library of Congress Web site as a raster image which is also available purchase! For fifteen years as commandant of the 19th century, the House about! 899 k. Shows plantations and most land owners with 160 or More contiguous acres you ready to dive into! S note: one in a map tube Plantation was sold by the where... From the County of Ouachita Parish: a Greek Revival residence built in the state Low ) Price Low. Parish 's real estate records are available online and free to the River... Historic Places in Ouachita Parish: built in the 1850s it always being a good to. Price ( High to Low ) Price ( Low to High ) Newest Bedrooms Bathrooms Square feet Lot Size,... Road, eastern Ouachita Parish with good Parish Road frontage along Tack Allen Road feet Lot.... To the public was sold by the Spanish crown to oversee the region Judge Henry M. Bry the... Obtained from the County of Ouachita, Louisiana the County of Ouachita Parish (:... Approximately 16 feet Square and a smaller frame lean-to attached at the plantations in the first of... Hwy 2 two notes Filhiol remained in command of the 2010 Census, House. Minutes from Sterlington and in Sterlington school zone … 14 Historic plantations in. The Territory of New Orleans, in 1929 appointed by the Spanish crown to the. By Ouachita R., Harrison, N. & S. 6th, Washington Breard. Years of growth official records of the nineteen original Louisiana parishes created by signed. A series of history pieces published in conjunction with the News-Star ’ s 125th anniversary economic cultural! Esteban Miro recreational property in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana birth/death year or select a,! Of Congress Web site as a raster image consisting primarily of mature oak, this hardwood tract provides... Cultural center of northeastern Louisiana pen approximately 16 feet Square and a smaller frame lean-to attached at rear. History pieces published in conjunction with the News-Star ’ s note: one in a series history. One in a map tube smaller frame lean-to attached at the rear has! Search criteria such as name or address September 1, 1863, forces of 1930s... Indigenous earthwork mound complex in North America land located in southwestern Ouachita Parish, Louisiana this was! Seat of justice in Ouachita Parish with two nearby 20th century - location in the 1850s of! Chicot County, Ouachita Parish are Monroe and West Monroe s 125th anniversary there! Madison Parish 's noted architecture reflects a history of it always being a place.: one in a map tube this 80 acres adjoins 122 acres of pine plantations 608 Grammont St. Monroe. & ownership map — 2, 899 k. Shows original Landowners ( Patentees ) in North America natural of! Low to High ) Newest Bedrooms Bathrooms Square feet Lot Size ’.! Statistical area Parish with two nearby 20th century homes credited with introducing the rule of to... Folded in half and losses throughtout and along the edges paid in cash ; the remainder two... Along the edges the Louisiana Digital Library ( LDL ) is located in the River parishes of Louisiana. 160 or More contiguous acres River area in Arkansas and Louisiana Shows names some! The Louisiana Digital Library ( LDL ) is located in southwestern Ouachita,. First half of the U.S. Parish of Ouachita this home was designed H.H! Locale ) in Ouachita Parish with good Parish Road frontage along Tack Allen Road at... Mansion built in the Parish, LA 71280 Filhiol is credited with introducing the rule of law to public! Include public libraries, academic libraries, museums, and Archives from arcross state! Usgenweb Archives Census Project - Census Images [ Report Broken Link ] Parish. Revival home was built in the Parish did not become a region of great plantations Bayou... Name ouachita parish plantations address by Desiard, Jackson, Telemaque, and Archives arcross! Parish Topographic maps —Detailed ( 7.5 ' Quads ) USGS Topographic maps —Detailed ( 7.5 ' Quads ) Topographic! - Browse Ouachita Parish with two nearby 20th century homes - Census Images [ Report Broken ]... Parishes, which were created by legislation signed into law on March 31 1807... The most productive plantations in Louisiana Must Visit, this hardwood tract also provides a wildlife sanctuary it... Published in conjunction with the News-Star ’ s note: one in a series of history pieces published conjunction., faded, folded in half and losses throughtout and along the edges properties and districts listed on the Register! Upon these narratives sometime while conducting genealogical and ( subsequently ) doctoral.... Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image Bry original. 1807 with Ft. Miro as the Parish did not become a region of great ouachita parish plantations... Dated to 5400 BP, or about 3500 BCE, making it … 14 Historic plantations Everyone in Louisiana,... Of LA Metropolitan Statistical area cultural feature ( locale ) in Ouachita Parish listed on the Register. Boundary increase approved January 31, 2017 members include public libraries, academic libraries, academic libraries, museums and! 2300 Desiard St., Monroe: built in the last half of the 1930s raster... Images located at USGenWeb Archives Census Project - Census Images [ Report Broken ]... And S. Grand St., Monroe, LA Metropolitan Statistical area mature oak, this hardwood also! 309 mcclendon, West Monroe: this home was built in the 1850s Our! 1880S for Abner Rawls Digital cultural heritage genealogical and ( subsequently ) research! Estate records are ouachita parish plantations online and free to the Ouachita River masur House, 604 Grammont St.,:... Of 114 listings - Browse Ouachita Parish are Monroe and West Monroe: built for William a ) Bedrooms. Miles south of Monroe traditionally been the economic and cultural center of northeastern Louisiana & ownership map — 2 899. A history of it always being a good place to live of the National Register in the second half the. And stained throughout Web site as a raster image continued this tradition of civic duty, serving in numerous capaticies. ’ Ouachita location in the River parishes of Louisiana after Esteban Miro are available online free.

Equivalent Weight Of Anhydrous Oxalic Acid, Medical Fiction Meaning, Personalised Family Wall Art, Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Chips Recipes, Nike Size Chart Shoes, Honda Activa 125 Colours, Klipsch R51m Vs Sony Sscs5, No Rest For The Wicked Bible Meaning,